ASK ON CHAT FOR DEALS!
Sail on Apollo – the famous Sydney to Hobart race winner!
Though Apollo is out of the racing action, this fantastic sailing vessel will offer you the trip of a lifetime! Your Apollo experience will begin as soon as you jump onboard and will continue for 3 full days. This is where you can do some exciting scuba diving (with professional instruction), and explore the magnificent marine environment below. The itinerary also allows plenty of time to relax at the one and only Whitehaven beach. PLUS, a FREE dive is offered for both introductory and certified divers – what a great bonus.
See and experience the Whitsundays while onboard your 3 day/ 2 night adventure on Apollo. Ideal for backpackers and those who aged between 18-30 with a need for fast, hard sailing. From day 1, the journey will begin at Abell Point Marina where Apollo will take off on a quick trip to the northern part of the famous Whitsunday islands. This is your opportunity to take in the beautiful region and underwater world at Luncheon Bay or Blue Pearl Bay. Why not take up the offer of your FREE dive for both introductory and certified divers (subject to medical and conditions). Apollo is a full service dive vessel, with all equipment on board. And, night dives are conducted on both nights for certified divers and again are a trip highlight.
- Meet new friends with the 26 guests onboard
- A FREE dive!
- A fast, social trip!
- Snorkelling equipment and wetsuit hire included
- Freshly-made meals by the crew, plus morning and afternoon tea
- Fresh linen provided
- BYO Alcohol
Explore the top destinations of the Whitsundays while on this great 2 day/2 night Apollo adventure!
The best way to explore the islands of the Whitsundays is by scuba diving. The region features beautiful reefs, hundreds of different types of corals and thousands of different fish species as well as other marine life, including turtles, dolphins, dugongs, sharks (the friendly ones!) and even manta rays. Apollo offers the first dive for free, but we are sure you will want to get back in to see more. Please note conditions apply for diving, see the more information section for more details.
Additional dive prices
Introductory Dive: $60
Certified Dive: $55
Certified Night Dive: $70
Certified Dive Package (1 Night, 1 Day): $110
We set sailing for the World Famous and stunning Whitehaven Beach with its 7 kilometers of pure white silica sand. Here you have a few hours of relaxing and playing. In the afternoon, you will take a leisurely walk to Hill Inlet to view the amazing sand formations before us. You will get first hand photos of the 3rd most photographed site in Australia! From Whitehaven, you will indulge in another speedy sail to your evening anchorage site. Apollo is known for getting some great social festivities going at night...
An early start will give you more time for more snorkeling and diving at another amazing coral cove. After breakfast you are ready to get involved in the sailing and feel like a real racing team. Apollo is fully rigged to ensure you get a sense of what its really like to be on board a Maxi yacht, being pushed to the edge of the wind. Find yourself in the midst of a race with other Maxis... a truly one time experience.
Lunch: Basil pesto, Garden salad & cold meat platter
Snacks: Tea, coffee, lamington fingers & nachos
Dinner: Rice, garlic bread & roo stew
Breakfast: Tea & coffee, fresh fruit, bread & spreads and cereals
Lunch: Garden salad, sausages, pumpkin risotto and breads
Snacks: Crackers, cheese & dips
Dinner: Garlic bread, vegetables, mashed potatoes, steaks & gravy
Breakfast: Tea & coffee, breads & spreads, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans
Lunch: Tomato pesto pasta, potato salad, bread rolls, salad platter & leg of ham
Please note this is a sample of menu and is subject to change and amendments
All Dietary requirements can be catered for but may incur an additional fee. Vegetarian $5.00 surcharge. Please advise when booking.
APOLLOS RACING HISTORY
Apollo has a proud and extensive racing history listed as follows:
- Sydney to Hobart Race: 1 first, 3 seconds and 2 thirds
- Winner of the South China Sea Series
- Apollo has won every major race held on the East Coast of Australia including Sydney to Brisbane and Brisbane to Gladstone
- Apollo set the record for the Sydney to Southport race
- Winner of the Kenwood Cup
- Winner of the Around Hawaii Island Race
- Winner of the Cairns New Guinea Race
- Winner of the Hobart to Honiara Race
- Winner of the 6 grueling Whitsunday Fun Races consecutively
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal)and cash/card for onboard purchases. Please feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles, please. Please note check-in is at 8:00am at South Marina Tour Departure Point .
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, a 24 hour locker shop on The Esplanade, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
- 1 FREE scuba dive
BYO drinks/alcohol (no glass). Scuba diving (after the first FREE experience) is an additional cost - all diving can be decided on and paid for on board.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they will require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions or if over 45 years old.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and do you have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)
- Are you over 45?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Most dietary requirements can be catered for but may incur an additional fee of $10.00. Please advise when booking.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats' departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of the total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.